Church Road and Greenwood Avenue
Wyncote, PA 19095
The design and construction of this 1.5 acre park demonstrates the use of native plants to control pollution from stormwater runoff. Over 350 native trees, bushes, and wildflowers were planted by over 125 volunteers to create 15 foot riparian buffer that decreases the runoff entering the nearby creek from the dog park area. This is especially important because dog excrement can be especially harmful to the stream ecology. The dog park has been very successful in managing stormwater and as a recreational area for our four-legged friends.
- Increased native riparian habitat.
- Decreased pollution from dog excrement and stormwater runoff.
- Cheltenham Township
- Curtis Dog Park Committee
- Friends of Curtis Dog Park
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Tookany Watershed Steering Committee