S. Lynnewood Avenue
Glenside, PA 19038
Riparian Buffer Planting
Grove Park is a 2.88 acre park located on Lynnewood Avenue near Cherry Lane in Glenside. It was acquired by Cheltenham Township in 1939, it was once part of the George Heist estate. Until recently, Grove Park was a meticulously manicured park that was mowed right up to the creek’s edge.
Through heavy community education, The Cheltenham Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) was able to garner community support to install a healthy riparian buffer to preserve the creek’s health. Over 600 trees and shrubs were planted by 56 volunteers. This successful project has lead to a dedicated park stewardship organization, Friends of Grove Park.
See Dottie Baumgarten, founder of Friends of Grove Park, discuss the organization in the video below!
- Cheltenham Environmental Advisory Council
- Friends of Grove Park