Glenside Avenue and Rices Mill Road
Glenside, PA 19038
The George A. Perley Bird Sanctuary encompasses 8.07 acres on Glenside Avenue and Rices Mill Road in Glenside. A gift to the Township in 1956 from Standard Press Steel (now SPS Technologies), it has been maintained in its natural state for preservation of wildlife and open space. It was named for the first president of the Wyncote Bird Club, a long-time resident of the Township.
Thanks to a TreeVitalize grant, invasive plants were removed and about 575 native trees, shrubs & plants were planted by 41 volunteers in this park. A foot path was realigned & deer fencing was put up. Educational signage will be added soon.