Earth Force, Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to engaging youth as active citizens who improve the environment and their communities – now and in the future. For more information, please see our website at: http://www.earthforce.org.
Job Purpose Summary
This staff member works with the program team to train and support partners, support program implementation through community-based, governmental, corporate, and school-based organizations, and implement programming for the Youth Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the Position
• Recruit partners, adult leaders and sites to facilitate Earth Force programs.
• Provide comprehensive, quality training and support of Earth Force partners.
• Maintain ongoing contact with program partners, including: site visits, calls, meetings, and emails. Build rapport with school and community-based organization administrators.
• Cultivate and maintain partner support-networks that both adult facilitators and youth participants can access as part of their Earth Force experience.
• Implement programming for the approximately 25 Youth Leadership Team (YLT) members and build partner organizations to strengthen YLT Projects.
• Support program implementation through a variety of partners including community-based, governmental, corporate, and school-based organizations.
• Find recognition and appreciation opportunities for partners, educators, and young people for their projects in local media.
• Administer evaluations and ensure their collection.
• Supervision of volunteers working to support educators or the program
• Program development and innovation
• Must have the ability to travel within and potentially outside the region
Ideal Skills for Position
• Innovative thinking
• Demonstrated writing, communication and presentation skills
• Organized and able to juggle multiple tasks
• Self-motivated and able to provide follow-through
• Passionate commitment to youth, the environment and community change
• Work effectively both individually and in a team setting
• Collaborative, flexible approach to challenges
• Competency in Microsoft, Access, e-mail, Internet
Ideal Experience for Position
• Experience as a teacher, trainer and/or facilitator .
• Proven track record in working with youth as change agents.
• Understanding of and experience in local community/environmental issues, service learning, environmental education and/or community-based work.
• Knowledge of community organizations and agencies.
• Work with inner city/urban youth; familiarity with the Kensington-Fishtown-Port Richmond neighborhoods of Philadelphia a plus.