On November 19, TTF held another successful Love Your Watershed event! Community members stopped by to see us at the Friends Hospital property along the creek and enjoyed these activities:
- Philadelphia Parks & Recreation’s Park Ranger Georgia Kolbas shared her collection of skulls and specimens collected in Philadelphia parks
- The Energy Coordinating Agency’s Aaron Slater held a rain barrel workshop and signed people up to receive FREE rain barrels in the spring
- TTF’s Ashley Schmid played our wildlife identification game to help visitors learn about the critters that live in Tacony Creek Park
- Pennypack Environmental Center’s Peter Kurtz led a tree walk — tree enthusiasts sampled beech nuts, learned about woodland plants, watched blister beetles and explored Tacony Creek Park
- Philadelphia Water Department spokesdog, Molson and his owner gave out gifts to help dog owners pick up after their furry friends
Molson and his owner share what others can do to clean up our water.
Molson plays with some of our younger participants.
TTF’s Ashley Schmid leads a fun wildlife identification activity.
Check out this video of Parks and Recreation Naturalist Peter Kurtz describing Tacony Creek ecology.
Join us on December 17 for more great info and activities, to meet PWD Spokesdog Teddie and participate in a bird walk! Find more details on our Events page.