Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership
4500 Worth Street Philadelphia, PA 19124
Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership (TTF) is an environmental non-profit organization whose mission is to protect and restore the health and vitality of our watershed by collaborating with our municipalities and leading our communities in education, stewardship, restoration and advocacy. Across our watershed – from the headwaters in our upstream communities of Abington, Cheltenham, Jenkintown, Rockledge, and Springfield in Montgomery County – to our downstream neighborhoods in North, Northeast, and Northwest Philadelphia – we implement programs that educate neighbors and stakeholders about clean water issues and how we can all make a difference in our own backyards, parks, and communities.
In Philadelphia, we have a special focus on Tacony Creek Park, a 300-acre, historic watershed park building engagement and stewardship through activities such as bird, history and nature walks. In our upstream communities, we work with many partners ranging from our member municipalities, to school districts, to institutions, to implement stream restoration and GSI projects.
Position Summary: The Environmental Educator will lead nature-based activities and lessons for youth and adults in our watershed, in and around Tacony Creek Park, our upstream project sites, and at community locations. The Educator will regularly utilize our Creekmobile, a mobile environmental education center.
- Engage park and trail users, as well as volunteers and community members, in lessons that include hands-on activities on watersheds, birds and wildlife, and plants.
- Work with staff members to develop and create materials and programs for lessons.
- Maintain and organize teaching materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, biology, earth and environmental sciences or related fields preferred.
- Enjoy teaching people of all ages about the environment.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and comfortable working outside.
TTF is dedicated to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter to Julie@ttfwatershed.org. No phone calls.