Position Title: Communications Specialist
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Classification: Part-Time, hourly (10-15 hours/week)
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021
Organizational Background: The Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership (TTF) is seeking a Communications Specialist to support the organization’s mission to improve the health of our 30 square mile watershed. TTF collaborates with our municipalities and leads our communities through education, stewardship, restoration, and advocacy. TTF is part of the Alliance for Watershed Education of the Delaware River and the Delaware River Watershed Initiative; and is increasingly recognized as a leading watershed organization.
TTF is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. BIPOC, women, working class people, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender/gender non-conforming, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Description: The Communications Specialist will work with the Executive Director to advance the goals of TTF by effectively using communication tools and completing other projects as needed. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience in media relations, marketing, writing, nonprofit communications, social media management, public relations, or a related field.
- Produce a variety of digital communications including calendar/website updates (Word Press), social media content, e-newsletters (Constant Contact), and blog posts.
- Manage the organization’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin accounts.
- Work with Executive Director to write press releases and opinion pieces for Philadelphia-area media.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- Two- or four-year degree in communications, marketing, social media, or related field; or equivalent professional experience in nonprofit communications.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet deadlines and needs of the organization, including availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of environment, conservation, and water-related issues a plus.
- Superior writing and research skills.
- Social media competency and creativity (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin)
- Excellent internet and computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Graphic design experience (flyers, social media graphics, etc.)
- Video-editing experience a plus.
- Punctual with excellent organizational, time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Motivated and organized self-starter able to work independently while collaborating with others in the organization.
- Strong professionalism and work ethic with the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample. List job position in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send documents as PDFs.