Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership
4500 Worth Street Philadelphia, PA 19124
Part-Time, Salary: $25 per hour
Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership (TTF) is an environmental non-profit organization whose mission is to protect and restore the health and vitality of our watershed by collaborating with our municipalities and leading our communities in education, stewardship, restoration, and advocacy. Across our watershed – from the headwaters in our upstream communities of Abington, Cheltenham, Jenkintown, Rockledge, and Springfield in Montgomery County – to our downstream neighborhoods in North, Northeast, and Northwest Philadelphia – we implement programs that educate neighbors and stakeholders about clean water issues and how we can all make a difference in our own backyards, parks, and communities.
In Philadelphia, we have a special focus on Tacony Creek Park, a 300-acre, historic watershed park building engagement and stewardship through activities such as bird, history, and nature walks. In our upstream communities, we work with many partners ranging from our member municipalities to school districts, to institutions, to implement stream restoration and GSI projects.
The Environmental Educator will lead nature-based activities and lessons for youth and adults in our watershed, in and around Tacony Creek Park, our upstream project sites, and at community locations. The Educator will regularly utilize our Creekmobile, a mobile environmental education center.
- Engage park and trail users, as well as volunteers and community members, in lessons that include hands-on activities on watersheds, birds and wildlife, and plants.
- Work with staff members to develop and create materials and programs for lessons.
- Maintain and organize teaching materials.
- College degree not required.
- Strong oral communication skills, Spanish a plus.
- Enjoy teaching people of all ages about the environment.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and comfortable working outside.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation.
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to Julie@ttfwatershed.org. No phone calls.
You can access the full job posting as a PDF here.